January 21, 2012
12:39 pm
6 lbs 8 oz
19 in
This is the first time I remember holding/seeing Mabin.
Well, I guess I have flashes of seeing him before but there are lots of things I don't remember because of the anesthesia from the C-section.
Things I don't remember:
(Mikey filled me in on everything that happened while I was out of it, some of the memories I have I thought were dreams, other things he told me I don't have any recollection of).
- Apparently one of our nurses was really nice and brought Mabes in from the NICU before she was supposed to so Mikey and I could be together with him.
- Nursing him for the first time. I guess it was a little difficult for us because one of my nurses was so excited a few days later when he was nursing so well.
- Pumping milk for the first time. Mikey said Mabin wasn't nursing very well so they had me pump so the nurses could feed him. I thought Mikey was teasing me about that because I don't remember it at all.
- I have flashes of Stefka visiting but Mikey said she stayed for most of the afternoon/evening and watched TV with him.
- Mikey tricking me and telling me that Mabes had 11 toes, don't remember it, but he said I freaked out.
Mikey said I kept saying over and over, "He's so perfect. Isn't he so perfect Babe?"
And isn't he?!
Aunt Seren
This might be too much information for some so be forewarned.
Mabin grabbed his scrotum when I was changing him. I had to pry his fingers off even though he was hurting himself and screaming. He still has a scar from it.
Poor boy.
I slept a lot the first couple days. Recovering from Pre-Eclampsia is no picnic.
Used this contraption to do breathing exercises. Had to make sure I wasn't getting fluid in my lungs.
And yes, I am fully aware of how terrible I look.
I was puffy all over from the water weight.
We love him so much.
The most precious, perfect little boy.
Finally they let us go home!!!!
I was so frustrated and tired of all the tests they were running and from having to be in the hospital for so long.
5 days total.
But... I am so grateful for all the nurses that took such good care of us.
I'm grateful that my Mom was able to come and be with me so that Mikey didn't have to miss any work or classes.
I'm grateful for a husband that was able to give me multiple priesthood blessings and who stayed calm and collected when I was wanting to freak out.
It wasn't what we planned for but it turned out just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment