Friday, July 6, 2012

Independence Day


"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."




(I love Mabin's rosy cheeks. Reminds me of my brother Tevye.)


Dutch oven cookin'
Had the most delicious Dutch oven lunch at the Landon's.
(Brynn's parent's house.)
They sure do know how to cook.



the boys





This little boy is only 3 months old and weighs about as much as Mabin.







Cayd wanted to get good and hot before we jumped in the canal. 


Sandy bum


canal jumpin'


The boys went and jumped off the freeway, it was higher.




Just loungin'



The bridge was only a couple feet above the canal but anyone who knows me knows that I have issues with water. 
I am terrified of fish, snakes, snails, leeches....any living, animal- like creature that resides in water is horrifying to me. 
I've been that way ever since I can remember.
Since I've gotten married and had a baby I've become terrified of the water itself. 
Having more to lose has really made me a pansy. 
I'm a stickler about life jackets.
One of my worst nightmares is Mikey or Mabin drowning. 
I know the getting -eaten -by -a- creature -in- water deal is a little crazy but drowning isn't such a stretch. 
It can happen so easy.
So when it only took me 10 or maybe probably closer to 15ish minutes to jump in the canal I was feeling pretty darn good about myself. 

No one drowned, no one got eaten by a fish and it was very refreshing. 




fireworks watchin' 


The Brunsons





We tried to capture the rapture (that rhymes!) on Mabin's face when he was watching the fireworks but failed. 
He was so enthralled. 










1 comment:

  1. Oh your "issue with water"...brings back good memories! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete